I love this article so much and I think everyone (women especially!) need to read it.
Too often, we are comfortable with being kind to others but going extra hard on ourselves and while it is great that we feel the need to keep ourselves in check and all, we can do this with tenderness and kindness towards ourselves.
I am my biggest critic and it got to a point that I didn’t even know how to comfort myself or make myself feel better when I made mistakes. I would rather berate myself and kick myself for what I felt were my shortcomings. ABSOLUTELY WRONG.
Please read this and learn how to be kind to yourself. It’s freaking necessary!
If there are people who come here looking to see if there is a new post, I’m sorry it took so long! I don’t know if I’m the only one with this issue but WordPress has been dogging me lately. It lets me type out a whole post and when it’s time to post it, I just can’t. If there’s anyone else with this issue, please let me know how you dealt with it. Even as I type, I’m not sure it’ll let me post but fingers crossed!
I haven’t posted since July so I guess a mini update is in order. I have another blog (an even more private one cause privacy is awesome in this crazy world) and there are a few posts from there I will share on here as well but mini update first.
1. After a nice summer in America, I am back in Accra and now in school 😀 I got accepted by the University of Ghana and I am now a graduate student studying Playwriting. Looking forward to the next two years and all I’m going to work on and learn.
School started basically a month ago and it’s already in full swing. I’m going to be in a play (OMGGG), going to perform as a curtain raiser for the same play (that’s easier), got a bunch of papers to work on and a WHOLE LOT of reading to cover. God help me!
2. I am trying my best to re-invent my style. I realized my style is super boring and while I don’t need to become a fashionista, I sure could put in some more effort! Did reasonable shopping over the summer and from now on, I’m gonna add something savvy to my wardrobe as regularly as I can. Also reading and following a lot more fashion blogs for help 🙂
3. I’m unemployed again. This is bitter-sweet. It’s awesome not having a 9 to 5 anymore but I hate having to rely on my parents again for money. I miss getting a paycheck and as soon as I get properly settled in school, I’m going to look into getting a part-time job. Oh, the pains of growing up!
4. I’m writing more seriously now, or trying to anyway. So I joined the team of Omoge Mura bloggers and I contribute stories on Beauty. My first post came out last week, an interview with celebrity makeup artist and the Program Head of MUD Cosmetics, David Onyedike. You can check it out here.
5. My baby sis turned 21 last month! We are both officially young adults now and it’s scary but exciting. We also have our own apartment now in Accra. No more roommates and sharing the same room (shout out to the parents!).
That’s really it. Not much now that I’ve written em down. Now let’s hope WordPress lets me post!
Have a great week guys :*
P.s September is over in basically a week!!! Has this year flown by or what??!