The Ebola virus is spreading in West African countries, killing many and giving a lot of people cause to worry. I just got an e-mail concerning the virus which I have shared below. It is important for people to know more about the virus so that we can be careful and protect ourselves well. May God help us all.
What is EBOLA?
Ebola is a very scary viral disease. It kills most of the time and has no cure (for now). It operates by making its victims bleed from almost anywhere on their body…and usually, victims bleed to death. It’s one of the deadliest diseases in the world, killing in a few weeks.
Is Ebola Contagious?
Yes, Ebola is highly contagious; being transmitted via contact with body fluids such as blood, saliva, semen or body discharges. About 90% of people that contact Ebola die from it.
Is There Any Known Treatment?
This is the most painful part….Ebola has no known treatment or cure. Victims are usually treated for symptoms with the faint hope that they recover. The symptoms generally take 2 – 21 days to become apparent.
What Are The Symptoms?
These are deceptively general – tending to look a lot like malaria or a flu. These symptoms include fever, headache, diarrhoea, vomiting, weakness, joint and muscle aches, stomach pains, lack of appetite, etc.
How Do We Prevent Ourselves From Contracting This Virus?
• Wash Your Hands with Soap always at intervals and after using the washrooms. You can also use a good hand sanitizer afterwards.
• Avoid unnecessary contact – saliva via kissing, unprotected sex, contact with blood, etc.
• Avoid bush Meat & Suya (they may be carrying the virus). Better to restrict yourself to food you prepare yourself.
• Disinfect Your Surroundings..the virus cannot survive disinfectants, heat, direct sunlight, detergents and soaps.
•Clean up! Fumigate your environment If you have pests & dispose of carcasses properly! Better a clean environment for you! This is the HOUSEKEEPING we preach regularly!!!
• Protect Yourself – Use protective gear if you must care or go near someone you suspect has Ebola.
• Educate everyone around you – neighbors, colleagues and domestic staff. You’re safer when everyone is educated about Ebola
As deadly as this disease is, it is preventable! So, it is imperative that we adhere strictly to the preventive actions.
Our health is in our hands. Please be safe and act safely. Don’t just read this vital information, kindly share with your family, friends and relatives.
THIS MESSAGE WAS BROUGHT TO YOU COURTESY:
St. Eve Concepts Ltd
Enzymatic Health & Weight Management Experts
If while pursuing distant dreams
Your bright hopes turn to grey,
Don’t wait for reassuring words
Or hands to lead the way.
For seldom will you find a soul
With dreams the same as yours.
Not often will another help you
Pass through untried doors.
If inner forces urge you
To take a course unknown,
Be ready to go all the way,
Yes, all the way alone.
That’s not to say you shouldn’t
Draw lessons from the best;
Just don’t depend on lauding words
To spur you on your quest.
Find confidence within your heart
And let it be your guide.
Strive ever harder toward your dreams
And they won’t be denied.
– Bruce B. Wilmer