To my ideal reader:
I know you have so many questions and I know you often feel lost. But God has a plan for you; open your heart to Him and let Him show you.
I know sometimes you feel like a child but then there are all these pressures to grow up. You can grow up without growing old. Laugh and live. Work hard and stay focused. It will all fall into place. (P.s if you are a creative, feel free to stay in touch with your inner child. A poet I know says that is a good thing)
I know you have big dreams and you sometimes wonder if it is possible that they ever come true. Yes it is possible. Nothing is impossible.
I know you worry about the future. And you want to make your parents proud and make an impact in this world before you die. Don’t worry! I say we take it a day at a time, a person at a time. We can change the world by loving people, being positive and doing whatever we can to help the people around us, no matter how little.
We gon’ be alright! – Kendrick Lamar 😜
So I actually thought I started this blog two years ago but it turns out I started it four years ago. When I started this, the goal was to use it as a journal/ space to inspire anyone who happened to be in the phase of life known as “growing up and finding yourself” (peep my very first post here). Now I haven’t been as consistent as I would have liked to be because Lord knows a lot has happened over the last four years that I could have shared on here but no use dwelling on the past.
Anyway, I have re-gingered where blogging is concerned and I think it is appropriate to update my old readers and give new readers a sense of who I am and what to expect on this blog.
- I’m a 25 year old Nigerian musician who still lives with her parents. I write and act as well but my main passion and focus is my music.
- I am friendly most of the time, I love a good time but I also have those days I can’t deal with people.
- I am a big girl (thick, fat, chubby- whatever works for you) and while I have those days I can’t stand to look at myself in the mirror and I hate how my clothes fit, I am learning everyday to love and embrace my body as I continue on my journey to being a proud member of FitFam 💪
- I am a Christian. I love God, I believe in Jesus and while I am barely religious and have had my struggle with my spirituality, I am dedicated to getting closer to God and helping other people do so as well.
- I’m a dreamer and a rebel. I believe firmly in finding your path in life and being true to what makes you happy as a person.
- I love love and I am a very emotional person sometimes. When I get passionate about something or someone, it can be quite intense lol.
So I think that covers who I am for the most part. And as for what to expect from my blog, I guess any and everything (did I forget to add I can be random? Think it makes life more interesting 😋). Music, health & fitness, stories & poems, random rants on whatever happens to be on my mind…
Hoping this blog inspires and helps its readers somehow.
Love and light from me to you xx ❤️